Page Loading... please wait!

This message not going away?
Ensure Javascript is on and click the box
Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Downloads :: Submit News :: Reviews :: FAQ   

There are 38 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Languages

Preferred language:

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sumitsolanki2002Offline
22 Post subject: Diablo roadster on MR2 (1993)Hi,  PostPosted: Jun 17, 2007 - 06:10 PM

Hi,,
Iam new to this forum ..
I just ordered my stage 3 kit fromKen at NAERC.

Is it posiible too build diablo roadster on MR2??
Please help me.

Last edited by sumitsolanki2002 on Apr 12, 2010 - 08:36 PM; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  
Reply with quote Back to top
capt,ginyu
Post subject: RE: Diablo roadster on MR2 (1993)Hi,  PostPosted: Aug 06, 2007 - 06:29 PM
KitCentral Fellow

I have seen a couple of Countach replica's on MR2's.

I believe its very possible to build on that chassis its just how much are you willing to spend would be the qestion.

Extreme is doing an MR2 based Murcielago replica so I don't see how doing on a MR2 would be any diffrent.

CarlGuichard1Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 08, 2007 - 06:15 PM

Sir, I think you would serve yourself better if you build a chassis from steel using the MR2 components. It sounds like you will be limited on parts from America so yes using an MR2 for the drivetrain, tank, A/C box... is not a bad idea but It will probably be much safer, drivable and easier to build if you just use the vehicle as a donor of parts and build a chassis.

Frankly, isn't there a vehicle in India that has more horse-power, larger brakes...? Maybe try that as the donor vehicle. There are plans available to build a chassis but I am not familiar with where to get them. I believe they were rather inexpensive ($250).

Best to you.

MannheimerOffline
Post subject: Re: Diablo roadster on MR2 (1993)Hi,  PostPosted: Nov 08, 2007 - 11:14 PM

these guys are building turnkeys on mr2 http://kitcars.ch/FB%20D1.html

thinking myself to go with mr2

speedbuff_00Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: Diablo roadster on MR2 (1993)Hi,  PostPosted: Nov 13, 2007 - 03:24 AM
KitCentral Fellow

You could put a toyota camrey engine in it. I think it bolts right up with the mr2 tranny. But I think the mr2 has a four lug bolt pattern so you might not be able to use replica wheels unless you change them.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  
MannheimerOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: Diablo roadster on MR2 (1993)Hi,  PostPosted: Nov 15, 2007 - 12:06 AM

yeah I heard about that, some people put 3.0l camry engine inside

max on MR2 -> 245 hp

thats more than enough for me ... I'm not gonna race the car , it should be a nice daily driver ... generally for the city ride, no highway races ... so I think mr2 is a good choice , reliable engine...toyota quality... no problem with parts, dealership is on every corner , euro 2 norm ... and whats very important is here in germany gas mileage

245hp mr2 needs 11l on 100km ... thats about 21,15$ for 60 mile riding

fuel prices are going up every day.. 21,15 $ today, will be maybe 30$ in 4 years (when I finish my car)

so I'll probably go for economy version , no big engine

speedbuff_00Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: Diablo roadster on MR2 (1993)Hi,  PostPosted: Nov 28, 2007 - 06:30 AM
KitCentral Fellow

check out my friends website. He really is a mr2 guru.
http://www.mr2guru.com/

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  
MannheimerOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: Diablo roadster on MR2 (1993)Hi,  PostPosted: Dec 18, 2007 - 04:53 PM

murcialago kit for sale , moldet from the real thing ! all body in parts !

donor car MR 2

http://www.extreme-sportscars.com/murcielago/newmurci.html

sumitsolanki2002Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: Diablo roadster on MR2 (1993)Hi,  PostPosted: Dec 25, 2007 - 10:16 AM

Thanks to all .

But I found that Diablol VT is 13 inches wider than MR2...
will my kit get fit on mr2 chassis???

What I need to add to mr2 chassis so that I can put 13 inch wider body on mr2.;(

HELP......

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  
chrisbarbersOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: Diablo roadster on MR2 (1993)Hi,  PostPosted: Feb 15, 2008 - 10:57 AM
KitCentral Fellow

There is a difference between the Fiero and the Diablo body also, I am not sure if it is 13 inches as I never measured it, but you will have to build a frame onto your chassis just as Extreme have done for the Murci.

Your biggest problem with the MR2 is there are no readily available suspension upgrades available like there is for th Fiero, so you have to use large wheel spacers/adapters, which will then allow you to add whatever wheels you want, but they are huge, 6 inches a side, which would be about right given the 13 inch differential you have mentioned.

Sorry but to my mind they look horrendous and will put untold stress on your wheel bearings.

It's certainly doable but it's a lot of work, if you are able and have the funds, import a Fiero from the closest point, i.e. USA or Europe, then you have access to the upgrades you need and a lot of knowledge.

sumitsolanki2002Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: Diablo roadster on MR2 (1993)Hi,  PostPosted: Apr 11, 2010 - 08:56 AM

HI Guyz..

I Extended my chassis in very different manner. Smile
I did not cut from the engine bay area.Instead I cut chassis 10 inches beyond the firewell (below seats).

This Increases wheel base ans provided much enough space for Woofer''s and Speakers. can manage 7.5" tall person inside the cabon..lolz Smile Smile

Also keep my chassis rigid as there is not so much Cutting and welding.Smile

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27560282@N08/

sumitsolanki2002Offline
Post subject: PostPosted: Apr 12, 2010 - 08:35 PM

Well. Its seems like nobody is taking intrest in my posts. So, in future I'll take care not to post anything except buy and sell items..

I am removing my pics of extended chassis we may be very helpful to you guyz..
Nywaz. no offence...Gud Luk to u GUYZ.
bye

RTOffline
Post subject: RE: /  PostPosted: Apr 12, 2010 - 11:22 PM
KitCentral Fellow

I'm not sure why you think nobody is taking interest in your posts. This has had almost 3,000 views!

RT

jdinnerOffline
Post subject: RE: /  PostPosted: Apr 12, 2010 - 11:42 PM
KitCentral Fellow

No, don't do that sumitsolanki, I am watching your build progress. However, I have never seen one done on an mr2 so I can't offer any input. ....yet.

sumitsolanki2002Offline
Post subject: :)  PostPosted: Apr 13, 2010 - 02:50 AM

Actually Iam getting out of enthusiasm...
As a human I need some back support, some advices, some critics...some replies like...wtf, wat hav u done..., u did it wrong/great, good...wtever.
I like positive and negative replies both.Atleast this may push me to extend.-Smile

Actually this topic hits 3000 since 2007.
But therez only 2-3 views to my newpics , so I think you guyz are more interested in buildind diablo on Fiero instead MR2.

Nywaz , I'll continue my build diary ..Smile

Jump to: