Page Loading... please wait!

This message not going away?
Ensure Javascript is on and click the box
Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Downloads :: Submit News :: Reviews :: FAQ   

There are 40 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Languages

Preferred language:

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
redhammerOffline
Post subject: Naerc roadster front Air Suspension.  PostPosted: Nov 30, 2011 - 08:50 PM

Question on the naerc roadster. Does the compressor suppose to turn on every time the car is started. The car sits low but when started the compressor turns on right away and raises the car couple inches and it stays up the whole time. If it sits for a long time it drops down until it's started again.
I'm thinking it should raise up every time by pressing the button and only stay up for few seconds then drop down and stay down. However it does sit too low if all the way down and rubs on the fender liners when turning.

Reply with quote Back to top
intradomeOffline
Post subject: RE: Naerc roadster front Air Suspension.  PostPosted: Nov 30, 2011 - 09:27 PM
KitCentral Fellow

If it is dropping down without you releasing the pressure than you might have a leak in a system somewhere. I am not familiar with naerc air suspension but it seems like you have wired compressor and switch via ignition. You can always bypass that and only operates when you press buttons.

S.

wire2Offline
Post subject: RE: Naerc roadster front Air Suspension.  PostPosted: Dec 01, 2011 - 02:45 AM
KitCentral Fellow

The compressor is most likely wired through a pressure switch. Chances are, the pressure is slowly bleeding off through 1 or more leaks when the car is sitting, so it will come on when you start the car again. Put a few drops of dishwash detergent in warm water, mix, and spray or brush it on all fittings and connections to find leaks.

jdinnerOffline
Post subject: RE: Naerc roadster front Air Suspension.  PostPosted: Dec 01, 2011 - 03:13 AM
KitCentral Fellow

The naerc system was only ever meant to lift the car at a curb. I don't think it was ever meant to be a suspension system.
If you are using it as a suspension system then I would add in some rubber bumpers to prevent it from bottoming out.
Please report back with your results on all the different ride heights you encounter.
ie: 45 PSI in the bags does not mean 5" ground clearance ever time. A 'set' pressure can results in a 2 inch span of ride heights. Totally unpredictable and a very harsh ride.

redhammerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 01, 2011 - 04:49 AM

Thank you for the reply guys, I will have it tested for leaks.
Jim, the car was sitting too low and compressor was not turning on. Was checked by a mechanic, found ground wire on compressor loosed/disconnected.
When reattached, compressor turns on every time the car is started and raises the car couple inches.It has been like that for the past few years according to the previous owner. PSI gauge reading 45-60 psi when raised. There is a switch next to the psi gauge but it seems inoperable. The car is new to me only had it for couple months so I don't know much about it.

pbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 06, 2012 - 02:54 PM

any idea who makes the air bags for the air lift system used by NAERC?

redhammerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 06, 2012 - 06:12 PM

I have the naerc catalog available and can scan the page with the air lift set up so you can compare what exactly you have.

pbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 11, 2012 - 12:26 AM

Learned a lot on the NAERC air suspension and wanted to share. The system is designed to bleed off the air and the air bags are not meant to be a method of raising and lowering the car for driving but rather for simply raising the car before smacking a curb. Does anyone know the front struts which are used? Mine sits rather low and ai have a feeling that the wrong ones were used. I am definitely interested in electronic ride height options too.
Thanks,
PB

kjschroedOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 09, 2012 - 03:08 AM

I have a NAERC airlift system on my fiero chassis. I use adjustable coil-overs to control the height, then the airbags for an extra lift when needed. I got replacement airbags from www.airbagit.com. A adjustable pressure switch on the kit will only come on when pressure is needed.

Jump to: