Page Loading... please wait!

This message not going away?
Ensure Javascript is on and click the box
Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Downloads :: Submit News :: Reviews :: FAQ   

There are 60 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Languages

Preferred language:

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
daywilmOffline
Post subject: BMW V12 Low Oil Light  PostPosted: Aug 05, 2017 - 09:10 PM
KitCentral Fellow

Anybody use the Low Oil sensor on their BMW V12? I looked at the wiring diagram and although there are three wires going to the sensor, it looks like I only need two of them. It looks like I should be able to run a positive wire through a light bulb on the dash that is then connected to the yellow wire running to the sensor connector (pin 1). Then run Pin 2 to ground. When the oil gets too low, the sensor should connect the 1 & 2 pins so the current will run to ground and light the bulb. However, I've hooked it up this way (with power directly from the battery for the test) and drained the oil but the light didn't come on. Does the other wire (pin 3) need to be hooked up to something? Any help is appreciated.
Mike

Reply with quote Back to top
daywilmOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 05, 2017 - 09:21 PM
KitCentral Fellow

Well, everyone can ignore my initial post. After I posted my question I went back out to the garage (where everything was still hooked up) and the light was glowing brightly! Not sure what took it so long to come on. Anyway, it appears that all you need to do is to run power through the dash light and connect it to pin 1 (yellow wire), then ground pin 2 and you're in business. Hope this helps someone else out.

lambo1Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 07, 2017 - 06:01 AM
KitCentral Fellow

Thanks Mike for the info should be handy when i get to that point, when i had the sump off my m70 i found the connector corroded where it joins the sensor as it only worked when it felt like it after a quick clean up of the contaccts it worked great maybe yours has the same problem.

Jump to: